B. App. Sci. (Physio)
Grad. Cert. Hydro
Grad. Dip. Manip. Therapy
Masters Manip. Physio
APA Titled Musculoskeletal (manipulative) Physiotherapist
APA Accredited Level III Pilates Instructor
Clinical Pilates Clinician
Bronwyn established the East Brighton Physiotherapy Centre in September 1988. She has a holistic approach to your physical healthcare. Bronwyn is passionate about incorporating meaningful and specific exercise with rehabilitation to gain maximum recovery which can be sustained throughout life. She has been teaching Pilates since 1995 and Hydrotherapy for spinal strengthening since 1982.
Bronwyn has over 35 years’ experience both in Australia and the UK. In the last 30 years Bronwyn has focussed on musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in private practice, Hydrotherapy and Clinical Pilates. She has added interest in the management of dizziness and vestibular conditions (BPPV) and the use of dry needling for pain relief and soft tissue injury treatment. Bronwyn completed GLA:D training in 2022 for treating OA hips and knees with a neurodynamic and strengthening exercise programme.
Bronwyn has acute hospital, community health and rehabilitation experience, including Senior Physiotherapy positions. She has been responsible for inpatient and outpatient orthopaedic patients, acute medical and surgical wards and was Senior Clinician at Caulfield General Medical Centre’s Hydrotherapy pool from 1989 – 1994. Bronwyn has also completed 6 years of on field sports Physiotherapy having worked with 2 Bayside football clubs and with Oxford’s Rugby Club (UK). She assisted in establishing the APA’s “Get fit to ski” programme in 1988-9. Prior experience in Australia and the UK also includes working in special care baby units and paediatrics.
Bronwyn has been the Victorian Chairman of the APA Aquatic Physiotherapy group 08/09, the National Chairman of the APA Aquatic Physiotherapy Group 10/11. She regularly lectures for the APA about Hydrotherapy used for the management of low back pain and all leg conditions and surgery. She regularly attends APA bi-annual conferences, professional development course, evening lectures and webinars.
Bronwyn is a keen sailor, swims, runs and dances.
- Physiotherapy 1998: 84(1), 17-26 “A randomised controlled study of the outcome of Hydrotherapy for subjects with low back or back and leg pain”
Conference and Lecture Presentations:
- Presented at the APA National Conference, Brisbane, July 1996. “The outcome of low back pain following Hydrotherapy”. Bronwyn was also invited to present this paper at the Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine 27th Annual Scientific meeting, August 1997 Melbourne.
- Pre-National Conference National Hydrotherapy SIG Workshop May 1998, Hobart. “Hydrotherapy for Low Back or Back and Leg pain”.
- Invited Speaker Presented at the National Neurology and Geriatric Physiotherapy conference, “The use of Hydrotherapy in the treatment of chronic musculoskeletal conditions and pain syndromes in the elderly”, Melbourne, November 2005.
- Bronwyn was invited to present a paper at the National APA Aquatic Conference in Sydney 2009 titled “Aquatic Physiotherapy after Gluteus Medius repair”.
- Invited Speaker for the Victorian APA “Aquatic Physiotherapy for OA knee” August 2011.
- APA Level III Aquatic Therapy Course – Lower Limb Conditions and Treatment 2008, 2010, 2022
- APA Level III Aquatic Therapy Course – Lumbar and Lower Limb Conditions and Treatment 2012, 2014, 2016, 2022
- APA Level III Aquatic Therapy Course- Upper Limb Conditions 2022
- APA Level 1 Spinal Course -tutor Melbourne 2012
- APA Evening lecture 27th June 2022- “Jumping into Aquatic Physiotherapy”- panel member